Lake-Geauga Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Reports to: ReStore Manager
Days & Hours: Fridays & Saturdays 9:00 am to 5:00pm
Responsible for the management and appropriate handling of the cash register, assisting and greeting ReStore customers. May perform a variety of tasks including cleaning and restocking merchandise. Assisting ReStore customers, volunteers, and partner families in any way needed to ensure a positive experience.
- Operate a cash register to document sale of merchandise.
- Process cash, credit/debit card, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Count Register(s) at beginning of each sales day.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer at the end of each day.
- Keep up to date on methods of pricing, inventory, and procedures.
- Greet customers, answer questions, and provide assistance as needed.
- Maintain orderly and clean work area.
- Maintain Merchandise Return Log.
- Direct pricing and operation questions to ReStore Manager.
- Regularly communicate with ReStore Manager and regarding sales issues and problems.
- Provide world-class customer service to donors and customers.
- Follow all store policies and procedures.
- Other tasks of the affiliate as requested by the Executive Director, ReStore Director and or ReStore Manager.
- Must have strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to operate a cash register with proficiency.
- Must be able to follow instructions while working independently.
- Exhibit accuracy and good record-keeping when handling financial transactions.
- Must be able to be on your feet 8 hours a day and lift 25 lbs.
- Education – Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be dedicated to Lake-Geauga Habitat for Humanity’s Mission and work closely with all staff and volunteers.
- Must pass a background check.
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lake-Geauga County Habitat for Humanity ReStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.