Lake-Geauga Habitat for Humanity is looking for a results-oriented Executive Director to lead the organization and grow both revenues and number of people served in the Habitat Affiliate.
The successful candidate for the Executive Director position will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of our organization, ensuring that we are operating efficiently and effectively to grow the Affiliate and meet business goals. In this role, you will be the face of our organization, working closely with the Board of Directors, the support staff, the volunteer staff, the local business community, and the people we serve in the community. You will ensure that the staff members (including volunteers) work together to successfully achieve strategic objectives.
- Develop and implement strategic plans that meet business goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors.
- Grow revenues through fund development, fundraisers and grants.
- Grow the number of houses we build and the people we serve.
- Lead and manage the Lake-Geauga Habitat for Humanity employees, including their selection, development and performance management.
- Oversee the financial performance of the Affiliate, making sure we are fiscally sound and complying with all government and Habitat for Humanity International regulations.
- Oversee the growth of the ReStores, the construction and outreach projects and the Volunteer Program.
- Oversee the purchase of property and houses; oversee mortgages and homeowner selection.
- Ensure commitment to and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations across the organization.
To be successful in this position, you will need to:
- Be passionate about the Habitat for Humanity program
- Have a strong development/fundraising mentality; have sales and negotiation skills.
- Have proven management skills, including but not limited to: managerial courage (able to make tough decisions and follow through); delegation, time management, decisiveness and team building
- Have a strategic orientation, a good business sense and a strong financial acumen
- Be an articulate professional
- Be results-oriented
- Be a positive, take-charge go-getter
- Have strong relationship-building skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of nonprofit, business, education or other relevant experience
- Experience running an organization/operation, covering varying aspects of the business/operation.
- Successful experience with development/fundraising
- 2 years of management experience
- Computer skills
- Experience effectively growing a nonprofit or a business
- Construction knowledge
- Mortgage /Underwriting knowledge or experience
- Grant writing knowledge or experience
FLSA status: Exempt
Hours: Minimum 40 per week; some evening and weekend work required
Travel: Less than 10%; most travel would be within the State of Ohio
Location: Chardon, Ohio
Reports to: Executive Committee of the Board of Directors.
Please submit your resume to: HfH.ExecDirectorSearch@gmail.com
Lake-Geauga Habitat for Humanity is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.