Title: ReStore Associate / Truck Driver
Reports To: ReStore Director & Assistant Manager
ReStore Associate/Truck Driver Responsibilities
Summary: The Habitat for Humanity ReStore’s mission is to generate revenue through the sale of donated surplus building materials and household items to support LGHFH’s operating budget. Through its efforts, the ReStore facilitates recycling, minimizes landfill waste, provides low-cost home improvement items, and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community. Embraces, supports, and promotes the mission of HFH: a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
The ReStore Associate / Truck Driver is responsible for ensuring donations are accepted and processed effectively, helps customers when the store is open and drives the ReStore box truck. Specific responsibilities, although not inclusive are:
- Assist customers when the ReStore is open.
- Load customer’s purchases when store is open.
- Build and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Organized shelves and inventory when needed.
- Help ensure sales floor and warehouse are safe.
- Be knowledgeable on information on Habitat such as home builds, etc.
- Report any problems with donors, customers, and volunteers to Restore Manager.
- Drive the box truck or assist in pick-ups.
- Ensure donor is thanked for donations and given proper paperwork.
- Tactfully decline undesirable donations.
- Keeps ReStore clean and organized by regular sweeping, organizing, etc.
- Screen donations for acceptability and unload the trucks
- Receive drop off donations throughout the week
- Be knowledgeable on what items we do and do not accept. Be diplomatic and courteous when turning away undesirable donations.
Requirements Skills/Experience/Physical Requirements
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Willingness to work with volunteers.
- Basic knowledge of building materials and home maintenance.
- Effective time management and organization skills.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and unexpected shifts in priorities.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds. Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to drive a 16ft+ box truck.
- Assist all other staff with projects as required, willing to pitch in wherever needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour